What Causes Hair Loss in Females? – 5 Reasons Your Hair Is Thinning
All women in the world want to be looked beautiful and, in this regard, strong and condensed hair add compliment. Beautiful hair multiplies the beauty of a woman; therefore, females take it seriously when they see hair fall. The aspect of hair loss is hardly ignored by any female, instead, they are always ready to do anything to stop hair fall.
The rate of falling of hair can be observed during brushing hair if the ratio is increasing day by day, it should be taken into account seriously. Otherwise, it will end up in baldness. If this stage reaches, they will have to go through the painful and expensive process of surgery for hair transplantation.
There are various reasons which become the cause of hair loss:
- A disease
- A serious medical problem
- Decay of health
- Age factor
- Contaminated water
- After effects of a medicine
- Mal nutrition
- Vitamin deficiency
- Hormone imbalance
- Climate change
- Fungal conditions of the scalp
- Autoimmune diseases
Common Reasons Of Hair Loss In Females:
When does hair falling occur? The answer is quite simple because hair falling and the regrowth of new hair are natural phenomena. In a normal condition, a woman can lose 100-125 hair during combing on daily basis. At the same time growth of new hair is continue. When the number of hair fall is increasing than that of the growth of new hair, we say hair fall is happening.
There are many known and unknown reasons of hair fall in females and they can be taken over if a woman is willing to render sacrifice of her time and patience. There are hardly a few reasons of hair fall which a woman is unaware of it. Commonly, they come to know the causes and can stop the increasing ratio.
Many women suffer from falling hair during pregnancy which is because of hormonal changes and other certain reasons. Such type of hair fall will end after four to five months of parturition.
If a woman observes hair fall because of thyroid disorder, she needs not worry because it will stop after the treatment of the thyroid.
A pregnant woman may face anemia which means the lack of red blood cells which carry oxygen to the body tissues. When the ratio of hemoglobin and iron decreases in the blood, it will result in falling hair loss.
This disease develops when hair follicles are attacked by a weak immune system. Hair follicles are responsible to hold the hair in the body but this disease makes this grip weak and resultantly hair starts falling.
Use of Dryer
If you do a job and take bath in the morning, it is obvious that you are in hurry and want to dry your hair instantly. For this, you hold a dryer and start drying your wet hair with the hot air which will damage the hair shaft which and allow your hair to fall rapidly when you comb.
Hair Styles And Use Of Chemicals
Looking distinctive in the parties is the hidden wish of all the women, therefore, they make different hair styles and apply deadly chemicals which results in the form of falling of hair.
The world undergoes intense trauma and physical stress. There may be another stressful situation you are coming across e.g., you are planning to migrate, you may lose a person whose attachment with you is intolerable. Job and business failure gives a panic feeling and you are pulling through it. There are countless stressful things for which are struggling to eradicate the problems but you are not going to have a hundred percent success, as a result, you get worried. All these things are the reasons for hair fall. What do you need to do? Keep trying to come out of stress with patience and optimism.
Precautions And Treatment:
- FDA has approved Minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% for the treatment of hair loss in females. If you apply the foam on daily basis, you will get regrowth of your hair by nearly 80%.
- It is suggested that the product should be used daily, then within 3-4 months, you will note the result in the form of stopping hair fall and thickness.
- A study shows that about 62% of women take oral contraceptives which results in the shedding of hair. It should be taken as a temporary loss as it can be improved by proper consultation with a dermatologist.
- The contraceptives which are containing synthetic progestin drospirenone have been approved for the treatment of hair loss in females.
- Hair transplantation is the next option in which hair follicles are taken from the scalp and rooted where necessary to gain growth of hair as natural.
- Women can wash their hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo that specifically contains ketoconazole which contains an anti-fungal agent, and zinc parathion which is an anti-fungal as well as antibacterial properties.